VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO and VELUX App Control can only find VELUX products (and selected Somfy products) using the io-homecontrol wireless communication protocol.
Horizontal awnings are not compatible.
IMPORTANT: Make sure your VELUX remote control or wall switch is properly paired to the product and full functional before beginning the installation. Do NOT reset your gateway unless you have checked all of the following steps:
Using a remote control with display and feedback (two-way):
1. Check that all products known by the remote control can be operated from the point where the gateway is positioned.
- If you receive a "no contact" feedback, try to move closer to the product and try again - when success, then move the gateway to this position.
- If you receive a "wrong security key", check the remote control instructions on how to achieve a new and valid security key.
2. Check if you have a "master" control for the entire home or individual room controls.
- If you have a "master control", always use this for the product registration.
- If you have individual room controls, start adding the products of the first remote control to your app and finish the setup with these products only. To add the remaining products go to: Settings>Install new products>Install a new roof window>Next and follow the in-app instructions. Note: The remote control instructions are slightly different as you are now aligning the security keys during the process.
3. Check if you have selected the correct control option in the app (one-way controls are found by pressing the button "I don't have those remotes").
4. Try closing down the app and re-open it to see if you have an unfinished installation. If so, finish the installation.
Using a wall switch without feedback (one-way) OR a combination of controls remote controls? (uni- and bi-directional one-way and two-way):
1. Check if you have any bi-directional two-way remote control paired to your products. If so, use this when adding the products to the gateway (see above).
2. Check that all products known by the wall switch can be operated from the point where the gateway is positioned. If you can't cannot control the products, try to move closer to the product and try again - when success, then move the gateway to this position. Otherwise, check the controller remote control? instructions on how to pair the wall switch to the product.
3. Check if the product is moving back and forth to indicate that registration is ready when pressing the gear button (on older controls remote controls? press the reset button) on the wall switch. If the product isn't is not moving, try once again to press the gear button (on older remote controls? press the reset button) on the wall switch.
4. Check if you have selected the correct control option in the app (uni-directional one-way controls are found by pressing the button "I don't do not have those remotes").
5. Try closing down the app and re-open it to see if you have an unfinished installation. If so, finish the installation.
If the above steps do not solve your problem, then you are unfortunately forced to factory reset your VELUX products not being found by the gateway. Please be aware that you need physical access to your product to perform the factory reset.
After a product is reset, none of your prior controls for this product are functional any more. Consequently, you need to pair your control to the product once again - please refer to the roof window/accessory instructions on how to reset the product and to pair the control afterwards.